If you suspect that there is a leak of gas, please do the following:
1. You can get fresh air by opening windows and doors in your home.
2. Remove yourself and any other persons or animals from the property.
3. Turn off the gas mains tap usually located near the meter if it is safe.
4. Call 911 or the emergency number of your utility company. Call the gas company, 911 or the utility company’s emergency number.
5. Wait at a distance safe from your home.
Find Hidden Gas Leaks – How to detect a hidden gas leak?
A leak at home can be dangerous. Gas leaks can go undetected because people don’t know what to look for. You should know how to detect gas leaks to prevent an explosion and a large gas leak from occurring at your home or workplace. It is not easy to do, though, because it is dangerous to remain in a house after a leak has been detected. Checking your appliances is one way to detect gas leaks. A gas leak can be detected by orange or red flames on gas stoves, even after they have been lit. You can find the source of the leak by mixing a teaspoon of dish soap with one cup water and applying it to the suspected area. Look for bubbles! You can also purchase a gas detector that does the dirty work.
Natural Gas Leak Signs
Gas leaks are often indicated by a hissing, whistling or whistling noise coming from appliances and gas lines. This is also the case if there is visible damage on a connection to a line of gas. A gas leak can be detected by the smell of sulfur. Even a dying houseplant may indicate a leak. Take the above steps to detect a possible gas leak and then contact Trenchless Pipe Repair for assistance.
Natural Gas Leaks: What Causes Them?
A gas leak at home can be caused by poorly installed lines or faulty appliances. Gas can easily leak around a problem area if a seal is damaged. It’s crucial to find the source of the leak as soon as you suspect one to avoid the possibility of an explosion or major property damage. Rick’s Plumbing is equipped with the expertise and experience to quickly detect and repair gas leaks.
Gas leak detection is a critical service.
Gas leaks can be stressful, but are not fatal. Our leak detection and gas pipe repair experts are highly trained to find the source of gas leaks. Our experts have the experience and tools to fix the issue and provide you with useful advice on how to avoid it happening again in the future.
Why Choose Us
You can count on Trenchless Pipe Repair for help if you need leak detection or repair of gas lines or are unsure if a leak is present in your home. We have a team of talented technicians available 24/7 for any plumbing emergency.
– Fully Licensed Each of our employees are fully licensed and qualified to solve virtually any plumbing issue.
– Experienced We are a team of experienced plumbers who have been providing plumbing services in Connecticut for decades.
– Reputation Our name speaks for itself! Hundreds of customers have relied on Trenchless Pipe Repair for their home and business plumbing needs.
– Affordable Service Plumbing may not be the most exciting investment, but we offer quality services at affordable prices.
– Upfront Pricing At Trenchless Pipe Repair, we pride ourselves in providing upfront pricing on every project. This means there are no hidden costs or surprises. You can rest assured that the job will be done correctly every time.